Bus changes will have impact on villages
Reporter: ERIN HEYWOOD
Date published: 30 October 2012
THERE has been a mixed reaction to changes in local bus services throughout the area.
Though Oldham to Manchester services have improved,, some Saddleworth residents have dismayed by changes to their local services.
Saddleworth residents protested that reducing several services from half-hourly to hourly would leave elderly users stranded.
Though extra runs have introduced between Saddleworth and Huddersfield, only one bus an hour will reach Greenfield, Diggle, Dobcross and Huddersfield.
Four services travelling every hour from Manchester will end at Grotton.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Failsworth pub closed after stabbing incident
- 2Father hopes eight-year sentence following Royton Park attack will act as a deterrent
- 3Royton Town Hall redevelopment cost increases
- 4Jim McMahon column - Oldham post office closure fight is a top priority
- 5Gold bars, cash and drugs recovered in dawn raids