Metrolink shuttle bus is going green
Date published: 28 September 2012
OLDHAM’S free Metroshuttle is to get a makeover with a new-look eco-friendly bus and more frequent services.
The new bus is one of Transport for Greater Manchester’s electric-diesel hybrids, similar to those in use in Manchester city centre.
From Monday the number of services on the 2.7-mile shuttle loop route between Oldham Mumps, the bus station and the town centre will increase from two an hour to three — every 20 minutes from Mumps between 9.40am and 4.30pm, every day.
The new service will also include an extra stop on Lees Road, once roadworks are complete next week.
Our website carries on ly a small number of heavily-edited stories from tonight’s print and eChron editions
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Failsworth pub closed after stabbing incident
- 2Father hopes eight-year sentence following Royton Park attack will act as a deterrent
- 3Royton Town Hall redevelopment cost increases
- 4Jim McMahon column - Oldham post office closure fight is a top priority
- 5Gold bars, cash and drugs recovered in dawn raids