Be bold and hold our nerve
Date published: 07 January 2019
Just as well Mrs May wasn’t in charge when Captain James Cook went off exploring.
He sailed into unchartered waters without qualms as to what lay ahead, unlike our PM - not one to miss an opportunity to try to frighten the electorate into submission - and is warning that a ‘no deal’ means a voyage into ‘uncharted territory’.
Going bravely into the unknown is what helped make Great Britain the world power it is and, while ‘no deal’ is not the ideal outcome, we need to be bold and hold our nerve in the face of EU intransigence.
They need us more than we need them and it is nonsense to think that if we walk away without a deal we will be up the creek without a paddle.
North West Independent MEP
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham Athletic dismiss claims of a lack of coaches and owner interference
- 2Boy appears to use meat cleaver during fight in Oldham
- 3Government approves demolition of Oldham ‘eyesore’
- 4Scholes’ son guilty of attacking ‘friend’ in Saddleworth Pub
- 5Oldham Councillors considered plans for two controversial housing estates