Trying to trace the family of Ernest Hirst
Date published: 09 November 2018
Ernest Hirst was a Shaw man, and he was killed in France on July 15, 1916.
I am hoping to trace any later members of the family living in the greater Shaw area.
His family at this time lived at 26, Edmund Street, Shaw.
The earlier family address was in Seville Street, Shawside.
The family consisted of the parents, James and Sarah Hirst, two daughters named Annie and Maria, and three sons, John William, Ernest, who died, and the youngest son James, who was born in 1901.
My father Charles Kay lived very close to Ernest and their army numbers were within five numbers of each other.
I am sure they must have always been mates.
If anyone out there has any information about Ernest's family, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham Athletic dismiss claims of a lack of coaches and owner interference
- 2Boy appears to use meat cleaver during fight in Oldham
- 3Government approves demolition of Oldham ‘eyesore’
- 4Scholes’ son guilty of attacking ‘friend’ in Saddleworth Pub
- 5Oldham Councillors considered plans for two controversial housing estates