It's crunch talks time
Date published: 15 October 2018
The fate of the nation lies in the hands of Theresa May and she must stand up to the bully boys in Brussels who do not want us to leave the EU at all.
And they certainly don’t want to give us a good deal as that would encourage other member states to head for the exit too, leading to the unravelling of the inherently doomed European Union project.
It’s crunch talks time and our Prime Minister must stand firm and not be brow beaten by Michael Barnier et al.
Boris Johnson is not everyone’s cup of tea but he is right to push Mrs May for a ‘Super Canada’ deal and to point out that the EU is treating us with contempt.
There is rebellion among the cabinet ranks and her position is in peril as much as the UK’s future.
She must get us the outcome envisaged by the Referendum result or I fear rebellion will not be confined to just her cabinet ministers.
North West MEP
UK Independence Party
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham Athletic dismiss claims of a lack of coaches and owner interference
- 2Boy appears to use meat cleaver during fight in Oldham
- 3Government approves demolition of Oldham ‘eyesore’
- 4Scholes’ son guilty of attacking ‘friend’ in Saddleworth Pub
- 5Oldham Councillors considered plans for two controversial housing estates