Fur ban backed (almost) overwhelmingly
Date published: 27 September 2018
At the last Council meeting, Conservative Councillor Pam Byrne was the only one to oppose a Liberal Democrat motion that the sale of real fur be banned on Oldham's markets.
Councillor Byrne is clearly not an animal lover because she seemed unconcerned that 100 million animals a year are brutally slaughtered, or sometimes skinned alive, for their fur.
And this evil trade is also unnecessary because there are perfectly acceptable artificial substitutes.
Even Councillor Byrne's Conservative colleagues, members of a party not renowned for its compassion, had the decency to back the plan.
Shame on you Councillor Byrne.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham Athletic dismiss claims of a lack of coaches and owner interference
- 2Boy appears to use meat cleaver during fight in Oldham
- 3Government approves demolition of Oldham ‘eyesore’
- 4Scholes’ son guilty of attacking ‘friend’ in Saddleworth Pub
- 5Oldham Councillors considered plans for two controversial housing estates