Does it really need to be so loud?
Date published: 21 August 2018
We hope those who attended the Cotton Clouds festival enjoyed themselves.
However, as local residents, we had to endure two days of constant noise, particularly pounding base sounds which penetrated our houses for hours on end.
If the weather had been hotter and we had our windows open, this ghetto-blasting experience would have been intolerable.
We are not sure why the music has to be so loud.
The venue is in a valley which acts as an echo chamber, amplifying and bouncing the noise everywhere.
Because of these special local circumstances, the festival organisers, and Oldham Council who set the noise limits, have the responsibility to ensure the sound is turned down several notches in future.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham Athletic dismiss claims of a lack of coaches and owner interference
- 2Boy appears to use meat cleaver during fight in Oldham
- 3Government approves demolition of Oldham ‘eyesore’
- 4Scholes’ son guilty of attacking ‘friend’ in Saddleworth Pub
- 5Oldham Councillors considered plans for two controversial housing estates