Just what does the future hold post-Brexit?
Date published: 15 August 2018
So the year rolls on and yet we seem to be no nearer to reaching decisions about out future after Brexit.
However, a blueprint to be unveiled next month, has been drawn up by Tory Eurosceptics for a no-deal Brexit as an alternative to Theresa May’s Chequers agreement.
Apparently it argues for a Canadian-style free trade deal with the EU as long as they back down over the Irish border situation.
The arrogant EU is not given to backing down and negotiation in their book equates to getting their own way so I won’t hold my breath over that coming into fruition.
But there is undoubtedly a growing feeling among the public that a ‘no deal’ Brexit is actually the way to go.
They are realising what I and my colleagues have long argued - the EU needs us much more than we need them.
We actually hold all the aces but the way the talks have hiccuped along you wouldn’t think so.
A ‘no deal’ is not perfect but it is better than a bad deal.
Theresa May needs to get in touch with the public’s mood and fight for our independence.
North West MEP
UK Independence Party
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Oldham Chronicle.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham Athletic dismiss claims of a lack of coaches and owner interference
- 2Boy appears to use meat cleaver during fight in Oldham
- 3Government approves demolition of Oldham ‘eyesore’
- 4Scholes’ son guilty of attacking ‘friend’ in Saddleworth Pub
- 5Oldham Councillors considered plans for two controversial housing estates